About Me

My photo
I live on the ocean, write women's fiction, love to read so much that it's an addiction rather than a hobby (I read an average of a book a day). I live on the wet west coast so it's a good thing that I like to walk in the rain.

Friday, February 03, 2012

Friday Five - movies I have to see before the Oscars

 Okay, here are the five movies (and yes, there are a few more but these are at the top of the list) I have to see before the Oscars on February 26.

Why?

1. A Separation is likely to win for best foreign film and my partner's Persian.

2.  My Week with Marilyn, Michelle Williams and Kenneth Branagh - need I say more?

3.  Midnight in Paris - I've fought against seeing it (I have a Woody Allen aversion) but it's nominated in so many categories, I love Paris, and I'm dying to see Kathy Bates as Gertrude Stein.

4.  Albert Nobbs - I just want to see another female actor over 50 other than Meryl Streep get the great role she deserves. And I love Glenn Close and the photos I've seen of her in this role.

5.  Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy - it's all about Gary Oldman!

Kate





No comments: