About Me

My photo
I live on the ocean, write women's fiction, love to read so much that it's an addiction rather than a hobby (I read an average of a book a day). I live on the wet west coast so it's a good thing that I like to walk in the rain.

Monday, October 02, 2006

Brainstorming?

How many of you - writers or non-writers - brainstorm? Ideas, plans, lives? I'm going to spend the day tomorrow brainstorming with three friends and fellow writers and, as always, I'm not taking anything to brainstorm. We'll work on the other three stories/ideas and I'll pass.

And I love brainstorming. I love working out ideas, plans, thinking about the various possibilities of the plot. I do it with my friends all the time - about their lives, about the career changes, about their possible futures. I do it with my writing friends, talking about plots, about possible character arcs, about story.

But I can't do it for myself.

And I can't do it because I don't want to know what's going to happen. Because if I know what's going to happen, I lose interest. Too bad, because it's one of those things I wish I could do - I wish I could do it because I enjoy it so much.

Kate

No comments: