About Me

My photo
I live on the ocean, write women's fiction, love to read so much that it's an addiction rather than a hobby (I read an average of a book a day). I live on the wet west coast so it's a good thing that I like to walk in the rain.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

I made it

through my first month of blogging and I'm proud of myself. I wasn't sure - especially as August started out to be the busiest month I've had in years. A deadline on a book that was only one-third finished on August 1, a trip to Edmonton to the folk festival, visitors for a week, preparation for my aunt's wake and the wake, many days spent working on my aunt's estate.

But I made it - I got the book out a few days early, I had a great time at the folk festival, even managed to write several articles (to help pay the rent) and work a few days (to finish paying the rent). And I blogged almost every day (I think I might have missed two days) even if it was late at night.

And I loved blogging - it's just like writing a journal except I get to include pictures and people comment on it. I've written a journal for my whole life on and off - mostly on in the past twenty years, though nowhere near as committedly before that.

And I want to say thank you to every one who has read or commented on something on my blog. It makes me feel as if I'm not writing into a void and I really appreciate it. It's probably one of the reasons I kept doing it and I promise that now my life is back into its regular hectic pace - instead of hysterical - I will try and respond more than I have been doing.

This evening I'm off to a "schmoozing" party. I have a friend who has just moved back to Canada from Hong Kong (where they obviously do things differently!) and he's invited his friends and acquaintances over to his new condo to schmooze. That's what he calls it - and when he phoned me yesterday to make sure that I was coming, he told me to make sure I brought my business cards, my bookmarks, my books, and any other promotional material I had. It's really a networking party, I guess, and I'm sure it'll be interesting - I've never done this before and I only know two people who will be there, great way to hone my networking skills.

Wish me luck.

Kate

No comments: