About Me

My photo
I live on the ocean, write women's fiction, love to read so much that it's an addiction rather than a hobby (I read an average of a book a day). I live on the wet west coast so it's a good thing that I like to walk in the rain.

Friday, February 24, 2012

Friday five - great opening lines

It was inevitable: the scent of bitter almonds always reminded him of the fate of unrequited love. Love in the Time of Cholera, Gabriel Garcia Marquez



"Have I told you the drone's penis snaps off during intercourse with the queen bee?" asked Augusta. A Recipe for Bees, Gail Anderson Dargatz


People, years later, blamed everything on the bees: it was the bees, they said, seducing Vera Lang, that started everything. What the Crow Said, Robert Kroetsch



When it came to love, my mother's big advice was that there were WARNING SIGNS. The Secret Life of Prince Charming, Deb Caletti



Mr. and Mrs. Dursley, of number four, Privet Drive, were proud to say that they were perfectly normal, thank you very much. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, J.K. rowling.



I have hundreds of favorite first lines - what about you?

Kate


No comments: