About Me

My photo
I live on the ocean, write women's fiction, love to read so much that it's an addiction rather than a hobby (I read an average of a book a day). I live on the wet west coast so it's a good thing that I like to walk in the rain.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The art of writing by hand

Last week, I talked a little bit about Bach and how much I loved the Cello Suites. This week, looking for something completely different, I found this -

The face page of Bach's manuscript for the Cello Suites by his second wife, Anna Magdalena, fascinates me. First, because it was written somewhere around 1720 - so this piece of paper is almost 300 years old. How did something so fragile survive this long?

But even more than that, it's a direct connection to Bach and I've fallen in love with it. I'm going to print this out, put it in a frame, and keep it on my desk to remind me how precious things - both this page and the music - manage to survive.

It reminds me that no matter how crazy life gets, there are miracles everywhere. And this is one of them.

Kate

No comments: