About Me

My photo
I live on the ocean, write women's fiction, love to read so much that it's an addiction rather than a hobby (I read an average of a book a day). I live on the wet west coast so it's a good thing that I like to walk in the rain.

Friday, January 06, 2012

Two of my favorite things - books and food

I took this photograph at lunch today because one of the women I work with on Fridays is having some mobility problems so she's stuck in the office. She jokingly asked if I would take photos of where I'd been at lunch - little did she realize that I would actually do that!

First I stopped at Chapters (aka Indigo Books, though it will always be Chapters to me) and bought a book my friend Lisa had recommended. I'd been looking at it - mostly because I loved the cover - but hadn't yet bought it. Lisa's vote for made me buy it.

Having forgotten to bring lunch and the rain having started while I was out (without my umbrella), I went to the A&W next door to the bookstore - thus you see my Grilled Chicken, frosty cold Diet Coke, and Miss Peregrine's peculiar children.

I had never had a Grilled Chicken - my usual fare is a Mama Burger and fries. This time no fries and grilled chicken. The sandwich was terrific and I would definitely have that again.

As for Ransom Riggs, the author of Miss Peregrine, I'm definitely committed. I loved the first couple of chapters and will probably finish it tonight or tomorrow morning. I'll keep you posted.

Kate

No comments: