About Me

My photo
I live on the ocean, write women's fiction, love to read so much that it's an addiction rather than a hobby (I read an average of a book a day). I live on the wet west coast so it's a good thing that I like to walk in the rain.

Monday, December 19, 2011

Monday review - Breaking the Rules

Most of you know how much I love Suzanne Brockmann - I talk about her often enough.

You know that she's one of the few writers I buy in hardcover because I can't wait for the book to come out in paperback. I buy her in hardcover because I love her characters, the pace of the books, the romance.

This book - her new one - did not disappoint me. I picked it up Saturday night, I kept reading until it was almost 2 AM, and I woke up at 7 Sunday morning so I could finish it.

It's an amazing combination of two stories which were begun in earlier books, of the birth of a post-millenium kind of family, of the growth of trust and love and ...

Well, I don't want to spoil it for you. I will say that Izzy Zanella and Danny Gillman are the Navy SEALs in the book - and that, if you're a Brockmann fan - is enough to tell you just where this book is going.

It's fast, it's sad, it's scary, it's perfect.

Kate

No comments: