About Me

My photo
I live on the ocean, write women's fiction, love to read so much that it's an addiction rather than a hobby (I read an average of a book a day). I live on the wet west coast so it's a good thing that I like to walk in the rain.

Friday, October 28, 2011

What I learned this week...

The first thing I learned this week is that even though my shoes are comfortable enough for walking to work and working in all day, that does NOT make them comfortable enough to stand around for five hours at a cocktail party. I purposely chose to wear relatively low-heeled shoes but my feet were absolutely killing me at the end of the night.

The second thing I learned this week is that I hate weeks where I'm running from one thing to the next. I had to do a fair bit of last minute organizing for the above cocktail party and a table at the conference where it was held. What it meant was that I was copying and folding and collecting and pricing and doing lists and getting up early to drive to the conference three times in three days. And then running to work and home or to the conference hotel again. This does not work for me. I need blocks of time much longer than 30 minutes or an hour in order to be productive. If I do this again, I will plan much farther ahead.

The final thing I learned this week is that I've fallen in love with California zinfandels. They've replaced Argentinian malbecs as my go to wine. I had a nice zin at the conference hotel while I was waiting for my afternoon tea date and then this one - even better - at my favorite restaurant/bar on Tuesday night. I'm in love.

Kate

No comments: