About Me

My photo
I live on the ocean, write women's fiction, love to read so much that it's an addiction rather than a hobby (I read an average of a book a day). I live on the wet west coast so it's a good thing that I like to walk in the rain.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Is this what's over the rainbow?

I took this picture this week while walking, as usual, around the city. This was the only place and time there were any clouds at all - so I was lucky to get it.

It looks to me like a tornado would look if it were centered around the sun.

It's gorgeous but kind of scary at the same time. I wonder if this is what Harburg was thinking of when he wrote those lyrics?

Because sometimes the most beautiful things - birth, children, love and passion, art, music - are also the most frightening. Because they're so perfect and we're not sure how to respond to them.

Kate

No comments: