About Me

My photo
I live on the ocean, write women's fiction, love to read so much that it's an addiction rather than a hobby (I read an average of a book a day). I live on the wet west coast so it's a good thing that I like to walk in the rain.

Friday, May 27, 2011

It's all about the view

Actually, that's not exactly true because the times we've been to the Seawall Bar & Grill at the Westin Bayshore, we've sat at the bar, which faces into the room rather than out.

But maybe it is all about the view - because the walk there is drop dead gorgeous. Doesn't matter if it's raining or sunny (and mostly recently it's been raining), the seawall is my favourite part of Vancouver.

When you walk into the Westin Bayshore - and I always go in the front door - the lobby is lovely and open and spacious and filled with light. The bar sits at the back of the hotel right on the Seawall - this picture is the outside patio. What you can't see is the swimming pool which is gorgeous as well.

The food and the service at the bar are perfect - nice friendly people, very good food. Tuesday night I had grilled halibut with chorizo and tomatoes and spinach and tiny red potatoes. A wonderful meal. Of course, it was made even better when the Canucks won the game!

Kate

No comments: