About Me

My photo
I live on the ocean, write women's fiction, love to read so much that it's an addiction rather than a hobby (I read an average of a book a day). I live on the wet west coast so it's a good thing that I like to walk in the rain.

Friday, May 20, 2011

Coffee, coffee, coffee

Good for what ails you. Every day there's a new study, a new article, a new buzz about how good coffee is for you.

Today coffee helps prevent prostrate cancer. Last week it was breast cancer.

In general, it helps prevent type 2 diabetes, dementia and Parkinson's disease. It also helps with heart rhythm problems and some strokes.

Okay, so why did we all stop drinking coffee?

Who knows? It's kind of like so many food fads - we get involved and then another study comes along and says don't do it.

My guess is what we should do is have everything - and I do mean everything, from chocolate to red wine to coffee to sex to even those deadly fried foods - in moderation.

But for right now?

Scientists and doctors say that coffee has antioxidants, magnesium and chromium. So, after almost 20 years of drinking 2 or 3 cups of coffee a YEAR, I'm drinking a cup a day.

Can't hurt, can it?

Kate

No comments: