About Me

My photo
I live on the ocean, write women's fiction, love to read so much that it's an addiction rather than a hobby (I read an average of a book a day). I live on the wet west coast so it's a good thing that I like to walk in the rain.

Friday, April 29, 2011

Lunch, anyone?

Tuna salad is one of those sandwiches which, at least for me, is very personal.

In the tuna part of the sandwich, I like a little mayonnaise, a lot of pepper, chopped up dill (not sweet, yuch!) pickles, a little chopped up cucumber, and green onions. On the bread, a little Becel and maybe some romaine lettuce.

The bread is also important. It has to be soft enough that the tuna salad doesn't squish out of the sandwich, but it has to be hardy enough that the bread doesn't get mushy. There's nothing worse than mushy bread. And toasted bread has the same problem as hard bread - the tuna salad squishes out.

I'd be happy to have cherry tomatoes - or even tomato slices - on the side but no tomatoes in the sandwich.

A Diet Pepsi, a small bag of Baked Lays, and voila! A perfect lunch.

The trouble with being this personal about a tuna salad sandwich is that there really is nowhere I can pick one up for lunch. I have to make my own. I don't seem to have this problem with other sandwiches - I wonder why that is?

What's your favorite sandwich? Do you make it at home? Can you eat it out?

Kate

No comments: