About Me

My photo
I live on the ocean, write women's fiction, love to read so much that it's an addiction rather than a hobby (I read an average of a book a day). I live on the wet west coast so it's a good thing that I like to walk in the rain.

Monday, March 28, 2011

I love Google!

I love the search engine. I know many of you may not, but for me it works. It's easy, it's entertaining, sometimes I'm convinced it thinks the way I do. I'm a browser, in grocery stores, in clothing stores, in bookstores and music stores. I'm very seldom looking for something specific so Google search often sends me somewhere that I don't expect to go and that ends up fascinating me.

I love Google Earth. I love searching for a friend's house and being able to walk right down the street and right up to her door. Even though she lives thousands of miles away, I feel closer to her when I can do that. I love the fact that my city - Vancouver - is always sunny on Google Earth, even though it seems (in the winter especially) that it rarely is in reality.

But even more than these things, I love what I learn when I least expect it. Last Thursday was Harry Houdini's 137th birthday. Who knew? I don't know who discovers these - at least to me - little known facts and then crafts gorgeous art to go along with them. But whoever you are? I love you, too.

I'm willing to bet you're the one person in the world who could beat Winston on Jeopardy! Maybe you've already been on Jeopardy! Maybe you're really Ken Jennings

One of these days I'm going to write a book about you. My imaginary you. I think I'll call you Gene (short for Genius).

Kate

No comments: