About Me

My photo
I live on the ocean, write women's fiction, love to read so much that it's an addiction rather than a hobby (I read an average of a book a day). I live on the wet west coast so it's a good thing that I like to walk in the rain.

Friday, February 25, 2011

Food Fridays, The Hundred Foot Journey

It's Friday and it really is about food. Or at least about a book about food.

The Hundred Food Journey is a short and wonderfully entertaining book by Richard Morais. It reads like the best non-fiction in that every single detail seems rooted in the real world yet the story is told with all the delightful tricks from the fiction writer's toolbox.

I won't say any more than to say if you love travel, if you love stories about rowdy rambunctious families, if you love stories of rags to riches - and especially if you love food, you are going to love this book.

It's short, it's easy to read and it reminds me of one of my favourite recent movies - Ratatouille. It has the same joyous and exuberant feel to it.

Kate

No comments: