About Me

My photo
I live on the ocean, write women's fiction, love to read so much that it's an addiction rather than a hobby (I read an average of a book a day). I live on the wet west coast so it's a good thing that I like to walk in the rain.

Monday, November 08, 2010

Bugs

I'm always fascinated by bugs - though my partner isn't any too keen.

I love this photograph. I took it across the street from my hairdresser's late in the summer and this long-legged gorgeous bug didn't move until I got the perfect picture of him.

The only bug I don't like? Ants. Oh, I can stand them in singles, but when they all get together? They give me the heebie-jeebies.

Probably that's because when I was in my twenties, I lived in a house that was surrounded by half an acre of grass and one day I got home from work to find thousands - and I mean literally thousands - of ants in my kitchen. Ewwww....

But I'm keen on spiders and most other creepy crawlies. I love the Bug Museum and am always up for holding them in my hands. I think the reason must be the fact that they're so textural, if that makes sense. I love their shapes, they're so clean and clear.

Kate

No comments: