About Me

My photo
I live on the ocean, write women's fiction, love to read so much that it's an addiction rather than a hobby (I read an average of a book a day). I live on the wet west coast so it's a good thing that I like to walk in the rain.

Monday, May 07, 2007

Write On, Vancouver



I spent Friday and Saturday at a great conference in Vancouver - Write On, Vancouver.



The main speaker was Nancy Kress who did two craft workshops and a keynote. She was great - funny, entertaining, but more than that - she gave practical advice that anyone could use. If you're looking at this, maybe you want to try this. If this isn't working, maybe try this.

The editors - Wanda Ottewell from Harlequin and Anne Groell from Bantam - were engaging and frank about the industry and their jobs. Agent Sally Harding added another dimension.

The hotel - The Inn at the Quay on the river in New Westminster - was lovely. Good food, good service, well organized.

We had great goody bags and great company. All in all, one of the best small conferences I've been to.

You'll want to consider this conference for next year.

Kate

No comments: