About Me

My photo
I live on the ocean, write women's fiction, love to read so much that it's an addiction rather than a hobby (I read an average of a book a day). I live on the wet west coast so it's a good thing that I like to walk in the rain.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Bookstores


I love bookstores - and I never have any trouble buying something. Tonight I met my friend Janet at the bookstore (a discount one) where she works. I was a little early so I spent 20 minutes wandering the store.

I bought a trilogy of books by Jo Beverley - I know her, she's in our sister chapter and I haven't read that many of her books so I was happy to do that. I bought Elizabeth Lowell's The Wrong Hostage in hardcover.

And I bought The Lust Lizard of Melancholy Cove by Christopher Moore because I loved the title. And the back cover copy:

The town psychiatrist has decided to switch everybody in Pine Cove, California, from their normal antidepressants to placebos, so naturally - well, to be accurate, artificially - business is booming at the local blues bar.

Who could resist that? Not me. Plus I got all the books discounted and then got Janet's additional employee discount. I got 5 novels for $16. I'm so happy I'm going to bed early so I can get started on them.

I'll let you know about the Lust Lizard - I'll probably take it with me to read on the plane to New York on Friday.

Kate

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, i just read his book called "Lamb" and it was very funny. I'm waiting for his book "You Suck" to be picked up next time I am in a bookstore. Weathers changing here in Fort Mac, sunny, melting. Have a great time in NY...GT