About Me

My photo
I live on the ocean, write women's fiction, love to read so much that it's an addiction rather than a hobby (I read an average of a book a day). I live on the wet west coast so it's a good thing that I like to walk in the rain.

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Moon Jellies


I know this is odd, but it's Saturday night and I'm sitting at home and thinking about jellyfish - moon jellies, in particular.

Why is that?

I took an afternoon off this week and spent it at the aquarium. They have a new room which has three tanks in a row - the jelly nursery (who knew that jellies grew on a weird round plate), the baby jellies and the grown-up jellies. And I couldn't help but imagine music into that room watching the jellies swirl through the tank - although it took me a little while to figure out exactly what music I wanted to be playing. I think it's a toss-up between Chopin's Fur Elise or Leonard Cohen's Tacoma Trailer.

Both pieces of music have that relaxed, beautiful circular movement just like the jellyfish and I know - without a single doubt - that I could have stood in front of that tank for hours, just watching. I want the jellyfish as my screensaver - I want the music with it.

Better than a massage or yoga any day.

Kate

1 comment:

Theresa N. said...

The picture is beautiful. Never thought of jelly fish as pretty but you've changed my mind.