About Me

My photo
I live on the ocean, write women's fiction, love to read so much that it's an addiction rather than a hobby (I read an average of a book a day). I live on the wet west coast so it's a good thing that I like to walk in the rain.

Monday, November 27, 2006

Love, Actually


Ah, the sweet sounds and sights of sweeps week, and the lead-up to Christmas. After a very long, very cold day on Sunday, I got home, turned up the heat, put on my PJs and my flannel robe, grabbed and blanket and watched Love, Actually on CBC.

I know it's corny, but I love that movie. I love the multiple storylines, the different kinds of love that run through the movie - parental love, old married couple love, sibling love, unrequited love, pure sexual lust, old friends and new. There's something about the movie that makes me smile and also makes me cry.

It was the perfect end to a cold day - it definitely warmed me up, made me laugh - especially Bill Nighy as Eddie Mack. He's the perfect recycled rock star.
It's one of those movies that I hope I'll get to watch at least once more before the holidays are over. That, and the original Grinch. The minute I think of it - I start singing
You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch


Kate

No comments: