About Me

My photo
I live on the ocean, write women's fiction, love to read so much that it's an addiction rather than a hobby (I read an average of a book a day). I live on the wet west coast so it's a good thing that I like to walk in the rain.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Sparkle





Just this morning I finished reading Jennifer Greene's Sparkle - and I loved it. Jennifer writes for Next as I do, but she also writes for a host of other lines - HQN, Desire, Mira, Avon - I don't know how she does it, but she does, and well.

You'll love this book - the two main characters, Poppy and Bren, are two women you'd love to be friends with, to get to know. And Righteous, the town they live in, and the characters who live there, are great fun.

If you love animals, this book is for you. If you love small town settings, this book is for you. If you love reading books about women's friendships, this book is for you. If you love reading books about women who figure out - fairly late in life, how to change their lives, this book is for you. Add to this a terrific romance and you've got a book that has everything.

And besides all of that - it's funny and poignant and sweet and wonderful.

This is a great book Put it on your to be read list.

Kate

No comments: