About Me

My photo
I live on the ocean, write women's fiction, love to read so much that it's an addiction rather than a hobby (I read an average of a book a day). I live on the wet west coast so it's a good thing that I like to walk in the rain.

Monday, September 18, 2006

Northern Lights - A Craving


I was checking out the Weather Channel website to see what the weather's going to be like in Ottawa on Thursday. Of course it's going to be pouring rain every single day - but I don't care, I'm going to spend my time in museums and at the conference. But on the Weather Channel website I noticed a link for a trip to see the Northern Lights and I couldn't resist.


It's one of the things I've always wanted to do. I've lived in Canada my whole life, Vancouver, small town British Columbia, big city Toronto. I've been to the north (Edmonton and Winnipeg and even further north) many times but I've never seen the Northern Lights.


I've seen the rings of Saturn, the moons of Jupiter, but I've never seen the Northern Lights. And when I was checking for weather in Ottawa, I found this website:
http://www.northern-rockies-lodge.com/lodge_holidays/northern_lights.htm This lodge is at Muncho Lake in northern British Columbia. You leave Vancouver for Fort Nelson and then go from there to Muncho Lake. It's not that expensive and you can just go for four or five days.
It looks like the perfect trip and I might just have to put it on my vacation planning schedule for the next couple of years.


Did you know that the Northern Lights make sounds? They hiss. Isn't that amazing?

I can hardly wait.

Kate

No comments: