About Me

My photo
I live on the ocean, write women's fiction, love to read so much that it's an addiction rather than a hobby (I read an average of a book a day). I live on the wet west coast so it's a good thing that I like to walk in the rain.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Another deadline, another miracle

I got this button from Cherry Adair at a conference in Atlanta and it's coming in handy this week. It's got pride of place on my desk - a bright pink button with purple writing. If you want to see her other buttons and sayings, check out her website at www.cherryadair.com

So as you've guessed, I'm in the middle of deadline hell - Last Night at the Halfmoon is due next week and I'm racing to get it finished. It's going well, but I hate being this far behind. Remind me that I can NEVER EVER again pick September 1 (September 30, okay, but definitely sometime after Labor Day) for a deadline. I thought, "Why not? I've got lots of time," because up until the past year or so, summers have been relatively quiet for me, but now? Definitely not.

Since the end of June, I've been to Seattle twice (speaking at two conferences), Atlanta once (another conference), and Edmonton once (for the folk festival). Each of those trips means that I've spent time with people I enjoy, done things that I enjoy, but they do take up time. Plus because I live in beautiful Vancouver, I've had company for almost two weeks of the few weeks left out those two months. Ouch.

But I have to say that I have enjoyed the summer despite the constant niggling sense of deadline pressure at the back of my mind - we've had amazing weather (and Vancouver's not known for consistently good weather even in the summer) and I've spent most of the summer with people I love and enjoy being with.

I definitely can't complain about that...

Kate

No comments: