About Me

My photo
I live on the ocean, write women's fiction, love to read so much that it's an addiction rather than a hobby (I read an average of a book a day). I live on the wet west coast so it's a good thing that I like to walk in the rain.

Monday, April 23, 2012

Monday review - Salmon Fishing in the Yemen

There are a whole bunch of things I like about this movie. First, it's hard not to love a movie with two completely different but equally gorgeous men in it.

Ewan McGregor has been a favorite of mine for a long time, and he's his usually charming and funny and slightly (okay, more than slightly) offbeat self in this movie.

And then there's Amr Waked - and though I've never seen him before, I will, without a doubt, be looking for him and will go to any movies he's in. He's drop dead gorgeous in a completely different way than McGregor - he's Egyptian but I'm willing to bet we'll be seeing a whole lot more of him after this movie.

Lasse Hallstrom - one of the directors I always enjoy. This movie is sweet and entertaining as well as being edgy and quite funny in an oh-so-political way.

And that humor is due 100%  to Kristin Scott Thomas as the British prime minister's press secretary. She's mean, she's aggressive, she's smart, and she pulls absolutely no punches. It's worth seeing the movie just for her.

If you're looking for something that's going to keep you laughing, that's going to drag you into it, I think you'll like this movie. I'd see it again.

Kate




No comments: