About Me

My photo
I live on the ocean, write women's fiction, love to read so much that it's an addiction rather than a hobby (I read an average of a book a day). I live on the wet west coast so it's a good thing that I like to walk in the rain.

Friday, April 06, 2012

Friday five - the five best ways to spend a holiday Friday

1.  For me, the number one way to utilize a few extra hours is reading. Right now, I'm at the very tail end of Wen Spencer's two book series - Steel City Magic - and the suspense is killing me. It doesn't matter that I bought and read it before, it was long enough ago that even though I know there's going to be a happy ending, I HAVE TO GET THERE!

2.  Once it warms up a bit, I'll go for a walk on the beach, a big long walk. I'll enjoy the sound of the waves, the feel of the salt air on my face, the people and the dogs passing me (this picture is part of my walk). I'll end up at Denman Street and stop into a restaurant and pick up take out - Thai or Chinese or Persian or Greek or Malaysian or... - for dinner.

3.  I have extra writing time. I'm almost finished - twenty pages or so away from the end of a novella, and I can finish it today.

4.  Sleeping in. I usually force myself to get up at 6:00 or 6:30, so I have some writing time before anything else happens. Today I woke up at 7:30, wrote a chapter, had a shower, then breakfast with my partner. He's off to the gym now and I'm going back to writing.

5.  I had time to think about the beginning - okay, not the beginning but the basics - of the next novella I'm going to write. I've got enough to start my subconscious working on the beginning of the story, which means by the time I get back from my long walk, I'll be ready to start the next novella.

I LOVE having that extra day off!

Kate

No comments: