About Me

My photo
I live on the ocean, write women's fiction, love to read so much that it's an addiction rather than a hobby (I read an average of a book a day). I live on the wet west coast so it's a good thing that I like to walk in the rain.

Friday, March 09, 2012

What I learned this week?

I'm not sure I learned anything of consequence this week, thus the question mark.

I learned that it's rolling over into March and I'm far more delighted than I expected to be at being able to get up in the daylight and (mostly) walk home in the daylight. I can't say sunshine, because we haven't had all that much of it, but the fact that it's not pitch black when I get up in the morning is a real treat.

I learned that my friend Heather consistently beats me at the Oscar guess-fest. This year she beat me by a lot because I was convinced that The Artist was going to win every category it was entered in. It didn't. We see the same movies, but she's better at guessing what the Academy will do than I am.

I learned that there are weeks when I'm not accomplishing half of what I should be - and I'm just going to have to live with that.

I learned that, despite my many years of being published in all kinds of forms, I still hate it when an editor questions my writing. I suspect very few writers ever get over that feeling, but I'm going to work on it because that initial reaction is really a waste of time and energy.

I guess I learned more than I thought I did.

Kate





No comments: