About Me

My photo
I live on the ocean, write women's fiction, love to read so much that it's an addiction rather than a hobby (I read an average of a book a day). I live on the wet west coast so it's a good thing that I like to walk in the rain.

Friday, January 20, 2012

What I learned this week

More than anything else, that winter is black and white. And I'm used to green and red and... This is the view outside my window one day this week - and no, I didn't take the picture in black and white. This is exactly what it looked like.
The trees and grass and hedges were all bright green earlier that day. The walkways were brick red. The little hutch was a lovely cedar brown.

This is what I forget, that we're so fortunate to enjoy color all year round, instead of living with the grey-brown-slushy white winters that so much of the rest of the country spends December through March in.

There's this tiny little oasis of color in Canada in the winter - and we're it. I miss it when it's gone for even a day.

Kate

No comments: