About Me

My photo
I live on the ocean, write women's fiction, love to read so much that it's an addiction rather than a hobby (I read an average of a book a day). I live on the wet west coast so it's a good thing that I like to walk in the rain.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Art wishes

I don't know about you, but I've always wanted to be able to paint.

Maybe it's because I worked in the art business on and off for many years - call it artist's envy, I guess. I saw these beautiful pieces and I wanted, somehow, to be able to recreate them myself.

I've taken a few courses, starting at the very beginning, progressing (not very far) to watercolor courses. I've painted a few watercolors - though none of them worthy of even being shown in the cabinets at your local community centre.

But there are days like yesterday when I arrived at the office early and saw the sun rising and the clouds and I thought of Monet and how he painted clouds and I felt sad. Because it was so beautiful, so perfect, and I knew I'd never paint it.

My skills aren't in my hands, they're in my head - I have writing skills but ... I've tried music, I've tried painting, I've tried dancing. But, although I enjoyed them all, I am never ever ever going to be very skilled at any of them. The thing I'm good at? Is listening, seeing, enjoying. And I guess I'll have to settle for that.

So here, for your viewing pleasure, is one of my favorite Monets - it's the clouds for me.


Though I have to admit that I also love the train!

Kate

No comments: