About Me

My photo
I live on the ocean, write women's fiction, love to read so much that it's an addiction rather than a hobby (I read an average of a book a day). I live on the wet west coast so it's a good thing that I like to walk in the rain.

Friday, December 09, 2011

What I learned this week

That Vancouver is chock-a-block full of public art - I walk past the other side of this concrete wall on a daily basis. Yesterday I walked past it from the other and found...

A huge far-more-than-life-size man sleeping (or dead). Those benches are normal size so you can imagine how big he is. He looks pretty healthy, so I'm assuming he's sleeping but I could be wrong.

I also learned that the Christmas event Hellweek is kicking my butt. Four events, six days - plus work and life itself. I'm hoping that when the last event is done on Saturday, I'll be able to start thinking about other parts of the holidays. Not that I don't enjoy hanging out with friends and co-workers - but four times in six days? Not so much.

I've learned that lentil soup is my new favorite lunch. I discovered a small restaurant up the street called Ando. They make lentil soup every day and I've had it three times in the past four days - yum yum yum.

Haven't had much time to learn anything else this week...

What about you?

Kate




No comments: