About Me

My photo
I live on the ocean, write women's fiction, love to read so much that it's an addiction rather than a hobby (I read an average of a book a day). I live on the wet west coast so it's a good thing that I like to walk in the rain.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Three days, three museums - Part 3 of 3 - Experience Music Project and Science Fiction Museum

 The last museum - and by this time I was getting a bit tired - was the Experience Music Project and the Science Fiction Museum, housed in the same building at Seattle Center, at the foot of the Space Needle.

I think this museum, of all three, is the museum you need to go to with kids - they'll love the experiential part of it, playing drums, guitars, pianos, making a video of a band - made up of family or friends and getting a poster for your room.

For me, there were two parts of it I absolutely loved - not saying I didn't enjoy it, but these two things I adored. The first is the building itself, designed by Frank Gehry. It's weird and wonderful and gorgeous.

The other thing was when you enter the museum into the great hall where they play videos and interviews on a huge screen.

While I was there they played Christopher Walken (I know, I know, bear wth me) dancing to Weapon of Choice by Fatboy Slim. Check it out on YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMZwZiU0kKs - you're gonna love it!

Kate

No comments: