About Me

My photo
I live on the ocean, write women's fiction, love to read so much that it's an addiction rather than a hobby (I read an average of a book a day). I live on the wet west coast so it's a good thing that I like to walk in the rain.

Wednesday, June 08, 2011

It's all about the titles

Okay, this really isn't a girly blog - okay, maybe just a little, but it's mostly a writing blog.

Because although there's a photo of nail polish, it's really about my ideal job - one, sadly, for which I am completely unqualified.

I get my nails done around the corner from my house at a salon called Fantasy Nails. Anna and Jen are two of my very favorite people and we have a lot of fun when I go there. But what I love the most? You guessed it. Actually, you won't have guessed it.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the titles of OPI nail polish. There are so many shades of red, so many shades of pink, so many possible bottles to choose from that I have done what a writer would always do - I choose my colors by the titles.

In the winter (at least last winter), I fluctuated between I'm Really Not a Waitress red and An Affair in Red Square red. Right now I'm wearing Shootout at the OK Coral. But how can I resist French Quarter for Your Thoughts, A Taupe the Space Needle, We'll Always Have Paris, Up the Amazon Without a Paddle, and my new favourite - Who Comes Up With These Names?

This is the kind of job I'd love to have though I suspect that reading the titles is way more fun than writing them.

Kate

No comments: