About Me

My photo
I live on the ocean, write women's fiction, love to read so much that it's an addiction rather than a hobby (I read an average of a book a day). I live on the wet west coast so it's a good thing that I like to walk in the rain.

Monday, August 30, 2010

It's a wonderful world...


I'm just thinking about all the great things that have happened to me and my friends in just the past few months and I can't help but sing Louis Armstrong - this song always makes me feel just as wonderful as the music.

Here are a few of the wonderful things that have happened:

1. I finally met my dear friend Lisa in person. We'd become great friends online but had never seen each other, though we'd spoken on the phone a few times. She's just as amazing in person and her hubbie and her kids are equally wonderful - and I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

2. Some of you may have read or heard the story of the car breaking down in Sacramento but for those of you who haven't, here's the short version. Main Street, Woodland, rush hour. The car stops. And I mean stops completely. No gas, no steering, no brakes (which didn't matter as everything else had stopped, but still...). I turn it back on, it travels for a short distance then stops again. We're 700 miles away from home so how can this be a wonderful experience? The Highway Patrol office wasn't far and a wonderful officer came to our rescue. He pushed us off the road and into a parking lot, phoned AAA for us and when they said they'd be an hour, he phoned a dealership down the road to make sure they had time for us and then pushed us over there. Perfect. What might have been a terrible experience turned into a great one.

3. Leanne has had a request for a full mss. from her publisher of choice and has sold a two-book series to Carina. She's a terrific writer and I'm SO happy for her.

4. Judy has - after a long search - found a new job, a job she's really looking forward to. Plus she won't have to commute like she's been doing. I'm SO happy for her.

5. Yazza has bought her very first house and it's wonderful to see her so excited about it. Plus, it's drop dead gorgeous.

6. Niki has met a wonderful man - and he's a true delight - moved to Germany and is having a wonderful time living in Berlin. Good for her and good for us - two more people to visit in Europe.

7. Heather took the train across Canada - something she'd always wanted to do. I can hardly wait until she gets home and tells me all about it AND I get to see the amazing photographs she's sure to have taken.

8. Perry - a terrific piano player - is playing all over town. He's one of the few people I know who makes a living from his art and he deserves every piece of it.

9. Nadia just got a new car that she loves and now she's working on making the baby that will go with it. We can hardly wait and are now the official BIW - babysitters in waiting.

10. Natasha, Javier and Adrian had a new baby - Gabriela - and she's gorgeous. I love cuddling her and can hardly wait for them to come home from their summer away. She'll be my treat for the fall.

There's 10 wonderful things that have happened in just the past few months. Just think how many of them there would be if I went back six months or a year - it truly is a wonderful world.

What wonderful things have happened to you or your friends and family?

Kate

No comments: