About Me

My photo
I live on the ocean, write women's fiction, love to read so much that it's an addiction rather than a hobby (I read an average of a book a day). I live on the wet west coast so it's a good thing that I like to walk in the rain.

Monday, June 07, 2010

I saw you in September...

I wrote you in the summer's sun... (a badly paraphrased song reference - sorry).

It's been a long time and I've missed blogging. But for a million (maybe a slight exaggeration) reasons, I've been neglecting my personal blog. And that's a bad thing because I really enjoy collecting my thoughts this way.

I'm one of those people who really only understand their thoughts when they tell the story - either out loud or in writing. At university, at book club, at movies, I really only articulated what I thought about a book or a movie when I wrote it down or when I talked about it.

And that's the thing I've been missing when I haven't been blogging.

I didn't get to talk about why I both love and cringe when I watch Glee (and I'll do that some day soon). I didn't get to analyze my feelings about the many books I've read since September or the great and not-so-great art shows I've seen. I didn't get to whine about how global warming hasn't been warm at all in Vancouver or about a whole bunch of things that have driven me crazy in the past 9 months.

I didn't get to tell you about the wonderful experience it was having the Olympics only a couple of blocks from my house - and why. Or the great wine I've discovered - or restaurants or people.

So I've put it on my calendar and I'm going to be blogging every Monday from here on out.

I can hardly wait!

Kate

No comments: