About Me

My photo
I live on the ocean, write women's fiction, love to read so much that it's an addiction rather than a hobby (I read an average of a book a day). I live on the wet west coast so it's a good thing that I like to walk in the rain.

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

September 1 - and all's well

that ends well. Yep, the summer was the busiest couple of months I think I've spent. Running from job to job, teaching, getting ready to play book doctor. And then, of course, there's life.




Which of course includes shopping, a little traveling, a little wine drinking, m0re than a few dinners and lunches out. Oh, yeah, and then there was a whole lot of socializing with family and friends in from out of town. Everyone loves Vancouver in the summer.

One of the things I try desperately to remember is that life is more important than work. Yes, work is wonderful. I love writing. I love my job-share. I love teaching writing. But I can't do everything - and I can't give up life.




See the picture above? How LIFE is obscured by WORK and HOME? What does that LIFE mean?





I'm not sure about you, but for me it means getting the balance right. And that's not always (if ever) easy. But it's one of the things that I'm always conscious of. I want to spend time with my friends. I miss them if I don't. I want to have time to just walk on the beach. I miss the ocean if I don't. I want to have time to drop into the art gallery and check out what's going on. I miss the art if I don't.



I think my word for the autumn is going to be balance.



What about you?



Kate

No comments: