About Me

My photo
I live on the ocean, write women's fiction, love to read so much that it's an addiction rather than a hobby (I read an average of a book a day). I live on the wet west coast so it's a good thing that I like to walk in the rain.

Monday, March 17, 2008

Catching up...

I've been behind in almost everything for the past 6 or 8 months, maybe even a little longer than that. I'm behind in blogging, I'm behind in writing, I'm behind in bookkeeping, I'm behind in organization, I'm behind in technical stuff, I'm behind, behind, behind.

But here's the good news. Right now I'm working on things I should have done three or four or five weeks ago, but at this rate, by the end of the Easter weekend I should be working on things I should have done this week. In fact, I'LL BE CAUGHT UP.

I, too, find that hard to believe. But it's happened at least partly because several things on my schedule for the past couple of weeks have been cancelled. I was scheduled to judge a short story contest - they didn't have enough entrants. I was booked to do a lengthy projects (two weekends' worth) that was postponed indefinitely. Company was coming from out of town but the wet weather scared them off. I had an article to write but the deadline has been extended.

That's given me time to get closer to catching up and that feels great - because now that I'm not absolutely overwhelmed with the dozens and dozens of things I have to do, I seem to be able to accomplish more.

This is a perfect example of what I call the overloaded inbox syndrome.

I'm the kind of person who hates to have too much stuff on her desk. If I have too much, I find it hard to do anything. I panic. It's the same way I feel about my email inbox - too many messages, panic sets in. I like to be busy, but if there's too much that I can't get to, I can't do anything.

So now that I'm close to getting caught up, I'm finding it much easier to keep caught up and to do the things that I have to do.

What about you?

Kate

No comments: