About Me

My photo
I live on the ocean, write women's fiction, love to read so much that it's an addiction rather than a hobby (I read an average of a book a day). I live on the wet west coast so it's a good thing that I like to walk in the rain.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

I'm celebrating!


I just got my third TOP PICK from RT Magazine this year - SEEING IS BELIEVING (my October book) earned a 4 1/2 star top pick this month with an amazing review. I'm finally beginning to believe that I might actually BE a writer.


I love the cover and I loved writing the book, it's a little different than anything I've written before but as you'll see from the review - which I've (I know, I know, it is a bit tacky but I can't resist) attached below - it has everything.


"SEEING IS BELIEVING has it all - romance, sexual tension, mystery, adventure and a strong heroine. Ria Sterling has a psychic gift. She can look at photographs of people and know if they're going to die within a couple of days. She accepts her gift and wants to prevent the deaths, but when she correctly predicts the death of Detective Carrick Jones' partner, the nonbelieving policeman thinks she murdered him. Ria, however, has more amorous thoughts on her mind. She sees a possible future with him, but she also knows, on a psychic level, they are meant to work together to save someone. But with a killer after her, can Ria win Carrick's trust in time and unmask the murderer? This is a page-turner from start to finish."


Hard to beat that, huh?


I'm having a great day today.


Kate

3 comments:

anne said...

Kate, Congratulations! That is wonderful news! The cover is striking and dramatic. Just love it and the fabulous review. I would celebrate too.
BTW I just love your books. Great settings which I relate to and know.

Anonymous said...

Awesome news, congrats!

LOL, and you're definately a writer :D

Kate Austin said...

Anne and Michelle - thanks for your reassurance - funny how, after all these books I still need to hear that reassurance.

Kate