About Me

My photo
I live on the ocean, write women's fiction, love to read so much that it's an addiction rather than a hobby (I read an average of a book a day). I live on the wet west coast so it's a good thing that I like to walk in the rain.

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Linnea Sinclair - Games of Command




I started reading Linnea Sinclair by accident - the way I start reading most new writers (except those I know, of course!).

I'm a browser. I'm not organized in my book buying (or anything else, for that matter), I tend to scan the shelves for titles or covers or author names or back cover copy that grab me. I don't even read the first paragraph -

I've been like this for a long time. When I went to university, that's basically how I did my research. I'd say, okay, I need to research Rembrandt. Then I'd go to the stacks where Rembrandt books were and browse until I found what I thought I might need.

Linnea Sinclair was a very lucky find because I LOVE her books. I've read them all two or three or even four times but there aren't any more. The books I love - Accidental Goddess, Gabriel's Ghost, Finders Keepers, and now, Games of Command - have a few things in common. They're science fiction, they're political, they have great romances and kick-ass heroines. I wish she'd written a dozen books like this.

The good news? I won't have to wait for another year for the next book - Down Home Zombie Blues is out in October. It's on my calendar.

Definitely try these books, though, because they're fabulous.

Kate

No comments: