About Me

My photo
I live on the ocean, write women's fiction, love to read so much that it's an addiction rather than a hobby (I read an average of a book a day). I live on the wet west coast so it's a good thing that I like to walk in the rain.

Monday, January 15, 2007

It's January 15

and I had my month all planned out. It was perfect - really. A little busy, but not frantic. And then - it happened. Life happened.

And now it's frantic.

So if you're wondering why you haven't heard from me, that's why. I'm busy, no, more than busy, I'm hysterically busy. But I'll have you know that I might be busy, but I'm not hysterical. And that's very positive. I know I can do it and I'm enjoying every minute of it.

Except the weather, of course. It's freezing and we're expecting more snow tonight - I can see the sky. You know that snow sky? Dull grey, full of light, and all that snow just waiting to happen.

And the weirdest thing about our weird weather? It's that the weather people have been exactly right on with their predictions for weeks on end - which never happens in Vancouver. This morning, they predicted snow for the drive home. It's just starting and it's 4:30. They've predicted windstorms within a couple of hours, rain within an hour or so, it's as if - now that the weather is so unusual - their predictions are much much more accurate.

Oh, and before I forget, I've put everyone who posted on the Witchy Chicks books reviews in my contest - but I don't have emails for everyone. What I'll do - February 1 when I'll pull the five names - is put them on my blog and you can then get in touch with me if you've won.

Bye for now
Kate

1 comment:

Meljprincess said...

Oh, Kate. I can totally relate to frantic. I don't know why everyone thinks a New Year will be any different than the year before. It's just the same s*** different day.
Our weather has been unusually mild. But we're supposed to get snow today.

Melissa