About Me

My photo
I live on the ocean, write women's fiction, love to read so much that it's an addiction rather than a hobby (I read an average of a book a day). I live on the wet west coast so it's a good thing that I like to walk in the rain.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Do you read your horoscope?

I don't - or at least I don't do it very often. I have this weird feeling that if I read my horoscope and it's bad - then I'll feel miserable and thus ensure I have a bad day. If it's good, then I'll expect it and be disappointed.

Yesterday was a perfect example of what can happen when you read your horoscope. Combine that with the saying be careful what you wish for and you'll see exactly what I mean.

My horoscope yesterday said that I would come into some money I wasn't expecting. I think, oh good, maybe I'll win a little money on the lottery or get a check in the mail. What I didn't expect was that I was going to have to work for that money.

I'm at work at my desk at home this morning and the people from the office where I work one day a week phoned and asked me to come in for as much of the day as I could manage -

So I did get some extra money but I had to work for it. See? Be careful what you wish for. Yes, my horoscope was right, but I wanted free money - lottery money or finding a $10 bill in my jacket pocket. Instead I worked a half day I didn't expect and made some extra money.

See why I don't want to read my horoscope? That'll teach me.

Kate

No comments: