About Me

My photo
I live on the ocean, write women's fiction, love to read so much that it's an addiction rather than a hobby (I read an average of a book a day). I live on the wet west coast so it's a good thing that I like to walk in the rain.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Procrastination, anyone?

In case you've wondered where I've been for the past few weeks, I've been right here, sitting at my desk and ignoring all the work I should be doing.

I've been in serious procrastination mode. I don't know if you've noticed, but for me, if I'm avoiding one thing, I'm avoiding pretty much everything. So if I'm avoiding working on my novella - I'm avoiding blogging, I'm avoiding dealing with my emails, I'm avoiding everything I can.

There's really no reason for it that I can see except maybe the change of seasons. Or the Ambrosia apples I'm eating. Or the moon. Or the tides. Anyway, whatever it is, I think the only way to get out of it is to just get out of it.

So today I sat down at the computer and started writing. And here I am blogging again.

Is that the key? I don't know, but I'll keep it up and let you know. If I keep blogging, I guess you'll know that I'm out of the procrastination mode and back into my regular writing mode. No guarantees, though, cuz if I don't know what causes it, I'm not sure I'm going to know how to get out of it.

Keep your fingers crossed, okay?

Kate

No comments: