About Me

My photo
I live on the ocean, write women's fiction, love to read so much that it's an addiction rather than a hobby (I read an average of a book a day). I live on the wet west coast so it's a good thing that I like to walk in the rain.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Ottawa

I'm off tonight (on the red eye, what was I thinking?) to Ottawa for a conference on selling to Harlequin. It should be fun - the schedule looks amazing - and I'm looking forward to meeting many people I know from online but have never met in person.

But even more I'm looking forward to museums. I'm giving myself (by taking the red eye and coming home late on Monday) almost three whole days to go to the National Gallery (where I'll spend an hour with my favorite painting and more hours with other things), the new War Museum (I'm working on a big book that's set partly in World War I), the Museum of Man and Civilization and maybe even a tour of the Parliament Buildings. I can hardly wait.

And if I can do only one thing? The National Gallery for sure. I might even just do it three days in a row.

I'll blog from there but I don't think I'll make every day -

Have a great weekend
Kate

P.S. Forgot to tell you - it's pouring here. And I'm soooooo happy.

No comments: